Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Photographer's Last Day

I'm about to lose my photographer :( And my friend. And my coworker. And my college alum. Yeah, she's like 4 people all jammed into 1 awesome person, and she's making the amazing decision to go off to graduate school. Which also equals to "she's leaving me!!!" Okay, now that I've gotten over that tantrum. Here it is! One of the last set of photos taken by my lovely friend! Once she's gone, I have no idea what I'm going to do for fashion shots. Wish me luck?

 photo fotor_13754920385885_zps2da17721.jpg

On this particular day, I picked out this skirt out of my closet and putting it on, I couldn't find the belt that came with it! I had to improvise so I tried thinking out of the box and used the "ribbons" on my blouse to hook my skirt and keep it from being too loose. The good part was that the using the ribbons set the skirt at the perfect height on my torso, but the bad part was that my shirt kept riding up in the back every time I sat down. Other than that, it was great! Try it sometime! :)

Also, how adorable is my "Sonya" necklace? I know most people go through that name necklace phase when they're younger, but that was with plastic jewelry and, usually, came in kid-friendly pink. This silver wire version by Sophie at HeartstoHearts (her etsy store here) is amazing and affordable! You can pick the name yourself as well as chain length (mine is a 22" to allow flexibility with how I want to wear the necklace). And the best part? It's silver, so it doesn't tarnish! I'm absolutely one of those people who ruin many silver necklaces because my skin reacts negatively with the metal, so the quality silver is a huge plus for the price. I'm eyeing another one...but what should I have it say? I already have a "love" so what do you guys think of "life," "loyal," or, or, or...or what? Help guys!

blouse: new york & company skirt: charlotte russe wedges: dexter handbag: eBay necklace: Giani Bernini (love), "Sonya" necklace personalized from HeartsToHearts (visit her etsy store!)

 photo fotor_137549202603329_zps2578398f.jpg  photo fotor_13754920326742_zps5fc640c3.jpg  photo fotor_137549219192485_zpsab5c49eb.jpg

There it is! My "Sonya" necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment