Saturday, August 10, 2013

Shoes

A dog is a man’s best friend, and a pair of shoes is a girl’s best friend. Forget diamonds; if you are not old enough, or rich enough, to need or purchase diamonds, shoes are the next best thing. But the question is, where do you buy your shoes? Shoes are about comfort, but, if you are a limited college student, then comfort does not always justify the price. If it did, I would probably own Christian Louboutin heels and no textbooks. On that note, I thought I would take the time today to post about some shoes. Sadly, these are not shoes I own, but shoes that I could one day purchase when I have a more permanent home. And, the plus is that they are all under $50, but with good reviews indicating comfort! How much better can that get for a broke college student? These shoes, just because I was on DSW at the time, are from dsw.com, which if you have not tried them before, is a great source for shoe ogling.
I love these in the teal. The black/gold/maroon version is gorgeous too, but I am currently in that phase where I love bright colors on shoes to spice up a simple outfit.
These simple, classic pair of pumps are great for work and social events. The tan makes it blend into most skin tones, making your legs appear longer, but without the heel that will kill your feet within 5 minutes.
Mix No. 6 Wright Snake Wedge Pump - $34.94
 These would be so cute as a casual, nice outfit shoe. The glitter provides the "umph" you need on a casual date outfit without going overboard, and the subtle color contrast and texture maintains a low-key feel and allows easy mix-and-match.
I have actually owned this particular pair of Ann Marinos before, and I can say that after the initial period, I loved these shoes. They were comfortable and chic, and I wore them out within months because I literally wore them every day. I had 10 minute breaks between classes that semester, so I actually spent most of those 10 minutes running in these heels to get to class on time! These are just that comfortable. If you hate the bow, what you can do is a) take it off completely or b) (what I did) wrap the ends of the bow around the center strap of the shoe so it just looks like you have the main bow portion without the butterfly tails. It makes the shoe more comfortable and adds interesting factors to an otherwise simple shoe.
London Rebel Jami Satin Pump - $24.94
 I cannot get over the back of this shoe! I find these detail extremely cute and fun, and the contrast on a vibrantly-colored satin is just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment